The DeKalb County Marine Corps League has a number of collection points for its Toys for Tots program. They ask donors to drop off new, unwrapped toys at any of the following locations. This list is updated from the one published in last week’s Valley Free Press.
• In Sandwich, toys may be dropped off at the Sandwich Fire Department, For Kids Only, Knuckle Hedz, Castle Bank, Centrue Bank, Heartland Bank (formerly Citizens) on Church Street and Gletty Road, Swanson’s Realty, Dojo Dynamics, De-Railed, the National Bank & Trust Co. and Ultimate Fitness;
• In Somonauk, Heartland Bank (formerly Citizens), Bud’s Citgo, Somonauk Fire Department, The Country Kitchen and Rambo’s;
• In Plano, Fire Stations 1 and 2, Centrue Bank, Heartland Bank (formerly Citizens), Old Second Bank, Casey’s, Rural King, Plano BP, Castle Bank and American Legion;
• In Leland, Maddie’s and NB&T;
• In Waterman, Waterman State Bank and the First State Bank;
• In Earlville, National Bank of Earlville;
• In Hinckley, Resource Bank and Fifth Third Bank;
• In Serena, NB&T;
• In Newark, Heartland Bank (formerly Citizens); and
• In Millbrook, the Millbrook Fire Department and Heartland Bank (formerly Citizens).
Local distribution will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9; 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Dec. 15; and 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16. Distribution will be at the Sandwich VFW, 713 S. Main St.
Parents are asked to preregister by calling the VFW at 815-786-1486. To pick up toys, bring a form of identification showing proof of residence such as an Illinois driver’s license or ID card, phone bill, gas bill or electric bill.
Toys for Tots has joined forces with the Salvation Army of DeKalb and will use its form that must be completed and signed before selecting toys.
For more information, contact James Hill at 847-417-9861.